In episode #23 Tom McAdam speaks with Basis London co-founder, coach and trainer BJ Rule.
After 22 episodes, it felt like the right time to introduce the coaches behind Basis: BJ Rule and Tom McAdam.
We begin with BJ's story and how he got to where he is now, covering some 25+ years of experience coaching people and athletes and teaching group classes. We discuss lessons learned and mistakes made over that period.
Then we open up a conversation about the topics and themes in health and fitness BJ is currently most interested in, including:
* Why "the basics work" is a guiding principle for BJ in training and nutrition
* The fundamentals of resistance training and aerobic training and how to apply them
* The modern origins of physical exercise as a concept and the reduction in opportunities for movement
* What’s so wrong with the “punish yourself” mentality to training
* The way progressive overload works
* Fundamental human movement patterns
* BJ’s passion for the Hampstead ponds and cold water dips
We hope you enjoy the conversation!